19 sierpnia 2017

A day by the court / Napoleonske hry 2017

fot. Katerina Adamusova

It was only one day and it seems to me as a few days passed at Napoleonske hry event in Austerlitz. As you know from the previous posts, this place has a special vibes for me so I was happy to get there again and even made myself a new gown with veil (after fashion plate), what took me few nights to do. I arrived the town very late due to a really long train delay and so my clever plans for a good sleep were just ruined. This was also the cause of my being late for a breakfast with society in a french camp. I have never been dressing up, hairstyling etc. so quickly in my entire life! But (what a relief) they were kind to me anyway, even if I was so terribly late.

fot. Rysavy Ivo
The sun was moving quickly and this meant it`s time to prepare for the official part, where L'Aiglon Napoleon`s Son was to be presented and acclaimed as the Roman King. We gathered by the castle to greet the Empress. I met my friends who just arrived there! It came out the veils were much in fashion!

fot. Mme Chantberry

fot. Rysavy Ivo

The Roman King seems quite curious about all that mess! /fot. Rysavy Ivo
L'Aiglon was really patient. As a court lady I could see beautiful gown of the empress and soldiers in a background where I noticed my friends from the 4th! What a happy coincidence! I visited them later in the camp - what a surprise that this time I was not wearing a camp gown - and much more jewellery! They were making patrones for battle and chopping a tree that fell after storm to make fire under an iron pot, vivandieres were cooking what reminded me, there are more entertainments for civilians - including lunch.
fot. Katerina Adamusova
The carriage took us in front of the castle - and the ride was really gentle compared to the last, wild and mad, during the battle. There was sabrage vine ceremony, what now I can truly understand because moravian vines are the most delicious ones, in my humble opinion. Even if I don`t like alcohol in general, I find moravian vines really tasty!
fot. Rysavy Ivo

fot. Rysavy Ivo
What is 'morskie potvurki' (sea little monsters)? At our lunch in the stab part of the French Camp one lady called seafood like this and I thought it is the most lovely name for all the shrimps and shells! But after I asked about that lovely name, it appeared to be a joke. Anyway, I will be using it on my own!
fot. Rysavy Ivo
Around the noon there was a picnic near the castle and then a battle on a field nearby. I spent this time with my friends, talking and making new acquintances! And also, appreciating beautiful gowns, they were wearing.
The day was much intensive, with many different things to do - so we needed many different clothes! Brave empress changed her gowns so many times and every change was on time! As for me, I planned to change 3 times. My first gown - the new one was worn during a day. I wanted to wear it as long as I can, because, you know, it`s the new gown! :D 
fot. Rysavy Ivo

fot. Rysavy Ivo
The dinner in the castle was the reason to change it to my Florence sash gown, with a new parure (I know, I owe you a Florence post! I was waiting for the photos and now I feel drastic lack of time, but it will apprear in late summer / early autumn, I promise! Same as the post of my full parure and the way I made it, so please, be patient ;) ). We had delicious food and dessert there and it was the first time, an etiquette was obliged! So we were all about to remind ourselves about it - and it was also showing us how much changed since 1810s!
fot. Pav Lucistnik
I wore this dress just a short while and then - quick run to the inn to change into a ball gown! I could stay like I was, of course but this gown had train. And trains are not meant to dance with. For the summer ball I chose my silk sateen, rosy gown from Florence again. It`s a lovely gown - not to many decorations but the fabric is soft and noble and I feel like a rose petal in it!
fot. Rysavy Ivo
The night was falling slowly and I spent half of the ball sitting by the Empress, and half - dancing as the soldiers from 4th came to the ball and offered me to dance! I have always this problem with dances as all the people I could dance with are already dancing or are not dancing at all. And I don`t like standing on the balls - it`s dancing what makes me happy!
And now I need to say, soldiers did really well with the dances! Although the figures description was in Czech, they didn`t make a single mistake! So now (sorry, my gentlemen!) there is no excuse to not to dance on the balls!
fot. Rysavy Ivo
The ball finished with a sparkling fireworks - a really spectacular show! And we were all to go! Soldiers wanted me so much to go with them to the camp, they even took Empress` furniture and carpet! But, happily, they gave them back as I hoped :D I promised them to visit after change of my dress - the silk was not to wash and it is very simple to get stains in the camp, especially at night!
Look what they are doing! Stealing a carpet here!!! / fot. Urszula Nowak
And this was the moment (the third time this year!) I regreted, I don`t have any loose, comfort gown to wear in camp after a whole day in a corset. The skirt + shortgown set would do really well so soon I will sew it for sure! But now, not having this and being really tired of the corset, I went to the camp in a fabulous petticoat + shawl set :D And nobody noticed!
The ball selfie! / fot. Urszula Nowak
Some of the soldiers were sitting by the fire and singing songs, some were by the table. I came by the table and noticed one Rakusak (Czech in Austrian troobs) with a pint of beer talking. The new friend came from the darkness around and differences between languages and armies caused so many hilarious situations, I laughed so much as probably never before!

As I started to fall asleep, it was the perfect moment to say good night and go to the canvas but... it was also a moment, I realised, this time I sleep in an inn, and have bathroom here! At midnight we went through the darkness to find some horses and have a toast to thank them (and the cavalry) for so many victories in history. Then there was time to leave - guarded with soldiers I found my inn and so the time travel was finished.
Now, I just can`t wait for a new one and new adventures!
fot. Mme Chantberry

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz